1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device. Cookies are stored on the hard disk of your device without any risk of damaging.
Some cookies are required in order to use a website, others allow customization and optimization of the displayed content, the collection of user preferences or the monitoring of the website’s audience, website errors and the securing of its access.
Cookies allow Ipsen or its third parties service provided appoint to collect automatically certain user data during your use of the Website, such as:
- The IP address of the User (this address, which allows access to the Internet, is assigned to the device of the User by the Internet service provider and the information, which changes according to the session of the User, is not directly personally identifiable);
- The date and time of the visit of the User on the Website;
- The operating system of the User’s device as well as its browser;
- How the User accesses the Website.
3. What types of cookies do we use and for what purposes?
Our Website may use the following types of cookies for the following purposes:
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website securely and use its features.
Performance cookies: These cookies collect information analytics about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from the Website. This includes analytics cookies generated by Google Analytics.
These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Therefore, Ipsen collects anonymous user data on the Website (or anonymous information), such as the pages that you visit and the searches that you undertake. These data are anonymous since it will in no event enable personal identification of the user of the Website.
We use this anonymous information to help us improve the content of the Website and to obtain overall statistics on your use of the Website. These statistics can be prepared by third parties, the latter being bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
More information about cookies we use:
- Google Analytics: This is a third party cookie associated with Google Universal Analytics. It is used to distinguish users, distinguish unique users, throttle the request rate. The main purpose of these are performance of the website. The cookies expiration date varies, some expire after the session ends, some after 10 minutes, others after two years.
- Google Tag Manager: This is a third party cookie associated with Google Tag Manager. It is used to control the loading of a Google Analytics script tag.
- WordPress: This cookie name is associated with a WordPress multilingual plug-in from WPML. It stores a language value for the website. Where the cookie is set in response to a user action or request, and as long as it has a short lifespan, it can be treated as strictly necessary.
- Cloudflare: This cookie is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user id in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.
4. How to turn off Cookies?